I woke up this morning craving oatmeal. With the slightly chillier weather we’ve had for the last few days, I was hoping a hearty oatmeal dish would warm me up!
Instead of just a regular bowl of oats, I decided to whip up baked mixed berry oatmeal muffins! Not only are they delicious and healthy, but they are perfect to save for a few days and easy to devour on the go. And, the maple syrup sweetens the muffins up just enough to make them taste like a dessert :) It’s a win, win, win!
Ingredients (makes 7 muffins):
– 1 ½ cups of rolled oats
– 1 egg
– ⅓ cup of mixed berries
– ½ cup of milk
– ⅜ cup of brown sugar
– ¼ cup of melted butter
– ⅛ cup of maple syrup
– ½ tablespoon of ground cinnamon
– ½ tablespoon of vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
– ½ teaspoon of salt
Four simple steps!
1) Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
2) Divide among muffin tins (note – these rise only slightly when cooked)
3) Cook for 25 minutes at 350 degrees
These can be made with any kind of fruit or nuts. Bananas and walnuts are an excellent combination to try!
What are some of your favorite simple breakfast recipes? Any including oatmeal?