You sit down to blog, you want to blog, you need to blog… but you literally can’t blog. We’ve all been there. The number of draft blog posts I’ve started with less than even 20 words written is kind of pathetic.
Then there are the days that there are dozens of blog ideas you want to write about running through your brain and you just can’t decide.
I had one of those days last week, which is how this post came to life.
When you feel like there’s nothing in the world to blog about, use this list to kickstart a few ideas. Maybe you won’t even pick one of these 35, but one of them may spark a new idea for you :) And TA DA! You have yourself a blog post idea.
- Bucket list
- List of things that inspire you
- List of books on your bookshelf to read
- Product review
- Share your workout music playlist
- Review of a book you recently read
- List of your favorite bloggers
- Life lessons
- Your morning routine
- Your week (or weekend) in pictures
- Create a 30 day challenge for something
- What’s in your bag
- Review a local restaurant
- Host a giveaway
- Share your goals for the month (personal or blog related)
- Write about your most popular posts
- Share the next place you want to visit
- Write a letter to your younger self
- New recipe
- Photography tips and tricks
- Empties post
- List of your top read blog posts
- Your next vacation
- Why you started your blog
- FAQ post
- Before and after post (could be about anything)
- Your favorite apps
- List your favorite websites
- Share your current workout routine
- Wishlist (birthday, Christmas, anything!)
- Day in the life post
- Share your holiday plans (whatever the next holiday is)
- A post about post ideas :)
There’s never “nothing” to write about, but sometimes you just need a bit of help to get your fingers typing. I know in a week I’ll sit here thinking, “what the heck will I write about???”, and I’ll be very happy I wrote this post!
How do you come up with blog post ideas when your brain is on the struggle bus? Any go-to blog topics I missed on my list?