Over the years, I feel I’ve perfected the necessities I place in my purse before heading out on the town. Although I’m not one to commonly go clubbing (RIP college years), headed to a local bar down the street is just as fun for me.
I carry a large purse during the workday, filled with everything from my day planner, to my laptop and snacks. So when I go out at night, I’m ready for a change into something a bit lighter. (I snagged this purse during Kate Spade’s Surprise Sale for 70% off!)
Here are my purse essentials for an evening out with my girlfriends:
- Cash – You never know when you may have to pay cover at a bar. And you don’t want to be “that person” bumming $10 off a friend before the night has even begun. Also, I’ve found paying for drinks with cash helps me spend less money. (“A Moscow mule is how much??? I’ll just have a beer please.”)
- Tums and Tylenol – Sometimes you don’t realize your tummy didn’t like what you had for dinner until you are at the bar with a drink in your hand. Or you have a splitting headache from the long day at the office. Having Tums and Tylenol on had can be a lifesaver! Nobody wants to go home early because their tummy hurts.
- Insurance Card – This nugget of wisdom came from my roommate. You never know what could occur while you are out, even if all you have is one glass of wine a block from your apartment. It’s best to have important information (like your insurance card) with you just incase something were to happen.
- Personal Items – Your monthly friend may join you for an unexpected visit or your favorite shoes may be hard at work making a nice blister on the back of your heel. Always have bandaids and a tamp on hand just incase! These items will also help you make friends, kind of. I can’t tell you the number of times they have saved the day for some poor girl in the bathroom. In her eyes, you are a saint!
- Gum – This is a given. Whether it’s for yourself after having the spicy bar snack mix (curse me and my snacking tendencies) or your friend who just locked eyes with a cute boy across the bar. Gum is a must!
Obviously your house keys, cell phone, ID, and lipstick are staple purse necessities day or night!
Anything else I’m missing?